Pokémon Go news you need to know fast!
- New update
- Version 1.3.1 – August 10, 2016 – Stability updates
- Unknown6 data cracked, API back online
- Bots up and running with few problems
- Mapping apps and sites experiencing issues
- Pokémon radar updated
- Two radar types – Sightings for nearby Pokémon, and Nearby for Pokémon near local PokéStops
- Small number of users given access to new radar system
- Mass rollout coming, no timeframe given
- Battery-saver mode glitch
- Screen won’t turn back on when phone orientated correctly
- Game playable upside down only
- No known workaround
- Incense not working
- Phones with a manually set timezone may find Incense not working
- Change timezone to Automatic to fix
Pokémon Go Journal site updates
- August 10 – App update to be submitted by Friday – Includes Live Updates page and updated guide
- August 9 – Working on radar and catching update
- August 8 – Updated Pokémon Go Trainer Guide
Release date: August 8, 2016
iOS version: 1.3.0
Android version: 0.33.0
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Minor text fixes
Release date: August 1, 2016
iOS version: 1.1.1
Android version: 0.31.1
- Improved performance on Pokémon Detail screens and other list screens
- Corrected the app upgrade links
- Battery Saver mode disabled
- Cannot transfer ‘Favorite’ Pokémon