It’s been out less than two months but Pokémon Go can already lay claim to five world records according to the Guinness World Records. Starting with the game’s official launch on July 6 the statistics were confirmed by research firm Super Data. The records are as follows:
1. Most revenue grossed by a mobile game in its first month
Pokémon Go managed to rake in $206.5 million in its first month, which is even more impressive when you consider the game didn’t launch in Japan until halfway through the first month. And markets like China and South Korea are yet to come online.
2. Most downloaded mobile game in its first month
Downloaded 130 million times in its first month Pokémon Go can also boast overtaking Facebook’s average daily usage.
3. Most international charts topped simultaneously for a mobile game in its first month (downloads)
It no wonder those servers melted at launch – Pokémon Go hit the top of the charts in 70 different countries simultaneously when it launched on 6 July 2016.
4. Most international charts topped simultaneously for a mobile game in its first month (revenue)
Seeing a pattern yet? It comes as no surprised that Pokémon Go was top grossing game in 55 countries in its first month.
5. Fastest time to gross $100 million by a mobile game
Taking just 20 days to gross $100 million, Pokémon Go was by far the fastest game to reach that incredible milestone, smashing through the figure on 26 July 2016. That’s a ton of Egg Incubators and Lucky Eggs.